The aim of the competition is to reward an individual who:
-committed to learning Welsh
-takes pride in his/her Welshness
-to be able to hold a conversation in Welsh
The competition is open to any learner between the ages of 19 and 25, who is a member of the Urdd. A definition of 'learner' can be found in the Learners' General Rules, page 8 of the Syllabus. An individual who has come to the Welsh language through an immersion system is welcome to compete, but have been in Welsh-medium education for less than four years.
How to compete?
All competitors will be required to answer the questions below on a video clip (no longer than 2 minutes) and in writing on the application form found on the urdd website or by e-mailing email@example.com
1. Sentence presenting yourself
2. Does someone in the family speak Welsh?
3. What are your reasons for learning Welsh?
4. How did you learn Welsh?
5. What is the impact of learning Welsh on your life, and how do you use Welsh?
6. What are your hopes for the future.