A great many of us who have grown up in Wales will have fond memories of the Urdd. By leaving a gift in your will to the Urdd you can help ensure that future generations will enjoy the same experiences.
Leaving a gift is a personal decision. After providing for your loved ones, many people decide to support a charity as well. Reasons for doing this include:
- To promote values which are important to you
- To honour someone who was dear to you.
- In response to a need in your community
- To ensure a solid foundation for the Urdd to the future
- To show appreciation of the Urdd's work.
How are Legacy gifts used in the Urdd?
Over the years, legacy gifts have enabled the Urdd to make crucial investments and improvements such as modernising the facilities at the Urdd residential centres, and thereby ensuring that they continue to be attractive to today’s youth.
Gifts are also an important way of enabling the Urdd to keep its costs as low as possible for its members.
In the past, gifts have been used to:
- improve facilities such as the modernisation of the accomodation blocks at Llangrannog (2013) and Glan-llyn (2014).
- To improve on the cultural experiences offered at the Urdd National Eisteddfod
- To support the Urdd’s work in local communities accross Wales
- To establish prizes or scholarships, such as the Eryl Walsh prize for Welsh Learners.
How can I leave a gift in my will?
Anybody, at any time in their lives, can create a will. We recommend seeking professional advice from a solicitor when creating or modifying a will. A solicitor can also provide advice on any implications or benefits that may exist with regard to the tax you might pay on your property.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of leaving a gift in your will further, you are welcome to contact Mai Parry Roberts email@example.com 01678 541010 or Siân Stephen firstname.lastname@example.org 029 2063 5694 (in confidence). If you have already taken the decision to leave a gift to the Urdd, and are comfortable with letting us know, this would give us a chance to thank you personally, as well as help us to plan ahead for the future.