The aim of the competition is to reward an individual who
- committed to learning Welsh
- takes pride in his/her Welshness
- to be able to hold a conversation in Welsh
Who can compete?
The competition is open to any learner between year 10 and 19 years old, who is a member of the Urdd. A definition of 'learner' can be found in the Learners' General Rules, page 8 of the Syllabus. An individual who has come to the Welsh language through an immersion system is welcome to compete, but have been in Welsh-medium education for less than four years.
How to compete?
All competitors will be required to answer the following questions in a video presentation (no longer than 2 minutes) and in writing on the competition form:
1. A sentence introducing yourself
2. Does anyone in your family speak Welsh?
3. Reason for learning Welsh
4. How did you learn Welsh?
5. The effect learning Welsh has had on the life of the competitor and the use he/she makes
of the language.
6. Hopes for the future
An application form can be found below.
You should upload your application to Y Porth before the 1st of March 2024